Friday, March 19, 2010

More things I love MOST!

This week has been a better week than the last several, and I am trying to appreciate things in my life, to LOVE things (sometimes it has to be a choice, and others it simply isn't a choice, I just do, because it's so precious, how could I not?!).

Things I have loved today:

My children:

playing together ... currently, they are preparing for a full evening of "slumber party", by bringing sleeping bags in from the garage, dragging loads of toys and bedding to the basement, and I'm sure some special snacks are in order.

Today they ran in the sun, roller bladed, played hide and seek, begged me to take them to the lake to build sand castles on the beach, built sand castles in their flooded sand box when their lake plans were thwarted (yep, a mean mom moment, for sure!), shared "sharks" just because, planted seeds in our Jiffy Greenhouse, and all three of them have hugged me without prompting at least once!

Ember has two new skills: 'pinning (spinning) and jumping. Both skills require the spinner/jumper to squeal "Woo Hoooo!", which is darling!

My Husband:
instant messaged me in the middle of the day, just because, to tell me he thought I was beautiful.
kissed me upon arriving home.
told me about his day.

Me:
a hot shower this morning.
a clean day (after Ember's diaper leaked very stinky pee pee on me prior to my shower).
Dr. appointments made for myself, and dentist appointments made for the kids.


Things I learned:
When building a sand castle at the beach, it's fun to have a moat, but the water always soaks into the sand, but if the builder lines the moat area with rocks and sea shells, the water might soak away less quickly. - Erin

Green glass stones are called "WoW!" in a hushed, excited tone. -Ember

When you plant water, it doesn't grow anything. It's just water, but that's why we plant it, so it helps other things grow." -Avery

Pockets on overalls are absolutely the best discovery a 1 and a half year old can make in a day, and makes hiding big sisters' treasures just delightful!

Erin is a chives master! -Avery (kung fu master was the intended phrase, I think)

When calling to make a new appointment at a Dr. Office, you will automatically get not only one of two male physicians in a practice of six doctors, but the creepiest looking one as well. However, I am reserving judgment for next Thursday, sometime after 9:45.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Love that you are posting again. Thank you for posting about the things that you love. It is a good practice and reminder. I may have to make a things I love entry because of it! I love you, your girls and your husband as well and appreciate you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I love Avery's insights on planting water.. very deep! I can't believe she's turning 4 already! Mom and I are working on some birthday goodies she'll enjoy! Love you sis!

Michelle

Sarah Rahija said...

Thanks, Rachel, it's been easy to get "down" lately, and God gently reminded me how good it is to laugh and love my life. Tears are ok too, because that means I probably love something so much that it hurts or that it matters a bunch! I love you!

Michelle, I know - how did they grow so quickly? We've had lots of "You must be doing that so well because you're a big four now!" this week. Looking forward to celebrating on Easter - life of two kinds!! Love you too!